Franklin County E-911 Communications utilizes Nixle’s mass messaging services to quickly disperse information to the subscribers in Franklin County.
This information can include:
- Hazardous weather advisories
- Emergency road closures
- Emergency information for missing person(s)
- Travel advisories
To subscribe to Nixle, you can either create an account at https://www.nixle.com/ or text your zip code to 888777 to opt in.
During periods of inclement weather, county wide travel advisories may be issued by the Franklin County Sheriff, the Franklin County Highway Department superintendent, and the Franklin County EMA.
There are three (3) travel advisory levels.
- Yellow – Roadways are hazardous and/or slick, travel with caution.
- Orange – Roadways have deteriorated, conditions are becoming dangerous. Only travel if absolutely necessary.
- Red — Travel is restricted to emergency responders only.
If you as a citizen need travel advisory or county ordinance information, contact the Franklin County Commissioners 765-647-4985. For more information on travel advisories, https://www.in.gov/dhs/traveladvisory/